Sunday, July 12, 2009

21 weeks...

I'm on week 21 and feeling really good. Look how little miss is growing!! She's the length of a carrot this week. They say I should be feeling true kicks any day now. I'm looking forward to that...I think. :) If I don't feel movement during the day, I will still get my fetal doppler out to listen to her heartbeat. It gives me such peace of mind. Her heartbeat is always up in the 150bpm range - which is what it always is at the doctor's office. Seriously, buying that doppler...best money ever spent. Thank you, sweetie!!

I stopped by my former place of employment last week and one of my former bosses said, "are you sure there is only one in there?" I believe he also used the word, 'litter'. ha! If he weren't a sweet man of God, I would have cried upon being asked this question. But I actually found it funny that he said that. Out loud. To a pregnant woman. (LOL) Seriously, he is one of the sweetest people in the world and would never say anything to hurt anyone. I know I'm big. I FEEL big. As Alex keeps telling me, we just want her to be healthy...that's all that matters. :) As you can see in the pictures, I have on the exact same shirt in all four pics. It's my favorite maternity shirt...so comfy, I had to buy it in every color! I also have it in white. Whenever they put them on sale, I pick up another.




It's so hot here. I've noticed that I can't be on my feet for more than a few hours or they are so swollen and hurting. I tried to go shoe shopping and decided that I need to just wait and buy shoes when I'm NOT pregnant. Shoes do not look as cute on fat feet.

I went to my friend, Andrea's baby shower today. We went to high school together and I'm so glad that we kept in touch and still hang out. She has a laugh that is contagious! I hear her laugh and I start laughing...doesn't even matter if I know what she's laughing about...girl makes me laugh. This is her first baby as well...she's having a baby boy. Here are a few pics from the shower. Andrea looked great and her friends did such a great job. She received lots of cute stuff!

How cute is this cake!? It tasted yummy too!


One of her friends made this cute diaper cake...the diapers were polka dotted!


I bought her this onesie...it says, "Born in '09" :)


And here we are...two mommas, showing off our babies. :)


And I'll leave you with a picture of my niece, K. She spent a day with me, last week and we had a good 'ole time! I introduced her to chick-fil-a. Because girls need to learn this stuff early. They have the best waffle fries and unsweet tea! As you can see by the picture...she loved them. :)


Have a great week, y'all!

Love,

15 comments:

Momx6 said...

Where did they get those paper flowers???? So happy for Andrea. You are not that big!

becca said...

I get the "you sure there is only one in there" comment all the time. David even said it last night. I'm huge, I know it. I always am. But all my babies have been healthy (and big ;) I think this one may be a 9 pounder. lol

Megan said...

Your neice is adorable!!! You look beautiful!

Rhonda Rae said...

they kicks are gr8 but just wait till she gets huccups thats my fav. As for shoes I live in flipflops the whole time im preggers and slip em off evr chance i get. I just love ur belly I start thinkin i look pregers then i see you and i think no i just look fat maybe ill round out like that soon.

Heather said...

I think you look fabulous!!! So pretty! I love CFA! And pregnancy! And "faith babies!" I love reading your updates and living through you! You are going to LOVE feeling those kicks!

I Believe in Miracles said...

You look adorable with that cute pregnant belly!!!

sara said...

Could you look any more beautiful! You have such a fantastic glow. I was thinking the other day that your little one is going to be such a lucky baby to have you as mom! ((Hugs))

Jen said...

Ahhh Chick Fil A.... We ate there Saturday and my girls pigged out! It is never too early to introduce the kids to Chick Fil A! Your belly is so cute! Isn't having a baby belly the neatest thing!? I love it!

Hilary said...

You look GREAT!!! Can't wait to see what your do with little missy nursery too :) have a great week :) Your neice is too cute

kelliegene said...

You have got to be the cutest pregnant girl I've ever seen. You glow.

Mazzy said...

I had that exact same maternity shirt, it was also my favorite. They also make it in long sleeves for the winter. ;-) You look awesome, that baby is sitting just perfectly on your frame. You look adorably pregnant!
The photos from your friends' shower are beautiful!!
*hugs*

Sara said...

I think you look fantastic! I have heard all pregnancy "Are you sure there is only one?" and "Gee, you are big!". Unfortunately you get used to it. And sometimes you even think of witty things to say back to them!

Chick Fil A rocks! Good girl getting her started early. :)

Faith said...

I can't believe it...21 weeks already!! You look so beautiful, Jill. And, I love that shirt so much. I can see why you got it in every color you could...it's very flattering on you!

Michele said...

You look great and your niece is absolutely adorable!!!!!!

Wishing 4 One said...

You dont look that big to me either, really. I think sometimes people just dont know what to say I guess. So glad to hear all is well, getting more excited every time I visit your blog! xoxoxoxoxo