Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Took a little break...

I took a little blogging break because my parents have been in town. As soon as my Momma walked in the door, she made a b-line for this baby girl. :) She hadn't seen her since Christmas! It's always nice to have my Mom in town. She will hear Amelia in the mornings and come in and get her, which means this Momma gets to sleep a little longer. :)


My Mom had the chance to love on her grandbabies while she was here. They read books...


And more books. :)


My girl is getting so big!


She took her 1st nap in her crib on Monday! She did really well...I think she liked it. Too bad she won't get to sleep in there until she's about 16. HAHA! Just kidding. This girl has been sleeping close to 9 hours over the past few nights. Incredible!

And yes, we still use the hospital blankets. They are so big and I can still swaddle her up in them. I haven't found any that are this big. If you know of any, feel free to leave a comment. :)

I put Amelia in this onesie for the 1st time yesterday. I bought this before we started IVF. I bought it in blue and pink because I just knew that our 1st IVF was going to work and that we would have twins! :) Needless to say, I had to wait awhile to use it - but it was so neat to pull it out and let her wear it. She is truly our miracle baby! The little doll in the pic with her was made by my friend, Nitzia. It has her name, date of birth, weight & length. SO CUTE! I'm going to do a giveaway for one of these soon.


I have lots of other pics to share from our weekend, but this post is long enough for now. I need to go to the store. We're supposed to get ice/snow in the next couple of days. BOO!! I'm ready for spring. :)

Love to all,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to mention that aden + anais (www.adenandanais.com) makes AWESOME blankets! They are sized very generously and are too cute besides! I was gifted a muslin swaddle wrap and I can't wait to use it on our next baby- it's nice because it's breathable material too for the warmer summer months, although they sell thicker muslin blankets too :) Hope this helps!

~Hannah in CA

{:miss v:} said...

Looks like you have a fun time with your mama!

We used the hospital blankets for a long time as well. We couldn't find any others that were that big plus we were pros at swaddling him up in those! Especially my hubby!

Amber said...

Love her onesie! Truly a miracle. And, yes...she is getting so big!

Cheryl said...

I have to ask, how do you get her to sleep so long??? Any tips or tricks you can share?

Nitzia said...

how sweet... i love that she has her doll in her crib... i hope that Amelia likes her as she gets older:)
I'm so glad your mom got to come and spend time with her grand babies, the pics are so sweet.

Monte and Missy said...

We heard about Moms on Call a while back on a Family Life radio broadcast. The teach swaddling and say that they have a blanket that is the right size. You might check them out - we really enjoyed listening to them. Here is the link http://www.momsoncall.com/products.htm
Love you guys...thank you for your prayers!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

Have fun at the store with all the world there:0 I need to go and will later today with thr rest of the world:))) hugs

Faith said...

Such sweet pictures of your mom with her grand babes...love them!

And, I really love A's onesie. I need to get one of those for my future miracle baby =)