Tuesday, June 22, 2010

All About Amelia - 8 months old!

Amelia, you're 8 months old!!



We're thinking you're around 20lbs, but won't know for sure until your 9 month appointment.



You're wearing size 3 diapers.



You're wearing size 9-12 month clothing.



You're sleeping 10-11 hours at night and you've been sleeping in your crib for the last month! No more pack-n-play in Daddy & Mommy's room.



Over the past couple of weeks, you've wanted to be rocked before being put down for naps or at night for bedtime. You just snuggle under my neck and let me kiss on you. I love it!



You're eating 8-10 ounces of formula every 4 hours during the day. You love every bit of baby food that we give you. You usually have baby food at lunch and dinner.

You love water through a straw, but won't take it from a bottle yet.



I've started giving you 1 ounce of juice with 3 ounces of water...you down it so fast! You've had apple, pear & white grape juice.



You love to play peek-a-boo and for us to say, "where's Amelia!??" You laugh every time.

When Mommy is working in the kitchen or fixing your bottles, you sit in your high chair and are such a good girl!



You love taking a bath in the sink. :)



Your new game is throwing things out of your car seat when you're finished playing with them. I have to watch you closely or we would lose every pacifier you have. Sometimes you look at me and wait for me to look at you and then you slowly drop it on the floor. Makes me laugh every time. It's like you're just waiting to see what I'll do!

Still teething, but no teeth yet!

When we take you places, people will talk to you and you always give them a smile. We are blessed to have such a happy baby.



You can now sit up all by yourself!



It literally happened overnight and we're so proud of you!



You are so fast and can grab something before we can even think about moving it. It's getting harder to stay a step ahead of you. Can't imagine when you're crawling!



You have the tightest little grip. Once you get ahold of something, I have to pry it out of your little fingers and it's difficult. You have even started putting your gums together and making this face like, "over my dead body are you getting this, Mommy!" (LOL)



You startle easily. I can blow my nose or laugh and you jump!

You're "talking" all of the time now. We have no clue what you're saying, but it sure sounds cute.

I will put music on and it's like you're singing along...makes me giggle.

You roll/army crawl/spin yourself to get where you want to go. It's fun to watch. :)

Daddy and I were just saying how we can't believe how fast your first birthday is approaching. Mommy is about to get into full, party-planning mode!



We love you so much, Amelia. We don't take one minute with you for granted.



Love,
Daddy & Mommy

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to need to put that crib mattress down (in a lower position) real soon...Wouldn't want her to pull herself up and fall out. She looks like she could do that any day now!
She is adorable!

Melissa said...

My son was born the day after Amelia so he will be 8 months tomorrow; it's hard to believe how fast time is going! I know that 8 months of pregnancy sure didn't pass this quickly. LOL! She is beautiful and I love reading your updates.

Betsy said...

She is absolutely precious, Jill! Such a cutie pie!! I love all the pictures. I know she is just the light of your life!

Mazzy said...

What a precious angel! This post made me smile so much. She is simply amazing. I cannot even put my finger on who she looks like, either, because from one photo to the next she is the spitten image of her daddy and then you! I love that!!!

We started giving L a sippy with a straw around this age and she LOVED it. The straw thing is still a fun, fascination for her. Nuby makes the best straw sippy, in my opinion. (for what its worth!)

Enjoy having fun with her! This is a GREAT stage. (but really? they all are!)

Sarah said...

So adorable!! Happy 8 Months to our October 22 cuties!!! I'm glad to know i am not the only one already thinking about 1st birthday party stuff.

Amanda said...

Jill - I can not believe she is 8 months old already! She gets prettier and prettier with every picture. The family pic at the end is just wonderful!

I am so happy that you guys were blessed with Amelia and that she was blessed with you guys as parents. God is amazing!

Ashley said...

Oh, how sweet is that little angel? Such a joy, I'm sure. Just wait until she crawls- you'll really have your hands full then! Ha! We have one crawling and one squirming. Things are busy, busy, busy around our house!

Mandy said...

She's precious! I can't wait to see what you do for her birthday. You're quite talented, I know!

Resisting Perfection said...

Amelia is just adorable. Aren't blogs a great way to record these special memories?

Jen said...

Happy 8 Month Birthday little girl!!! Doesn't seem like she should be that old already.... she is such a cutie! Love you!

kristin fulghum said...

she is so cute! it's so fun to read about babies just a little ahead of leighton. thanks!

Lauren said...

She is just so stinkin precious!!! Happy 8 months Amelia!! :)

Cheryl said...

Amelia is Absolutely precious! I laugh because we have so many of the same outfits. At least 3 in this post alone. What a lucky girl to have such wonderful parents who are loving every minute!

Faith said...

Look at that girl sitting up by herself!! I don't know how it's possible, but she keeps getting cuter and cuter! Also, loved the Father's Day post. I hope it was a wonderful day for your sweet family.

Love you, friend!

Eric and Emily said...

what a cutie~
Carson weighed 20 lbs 3 weeks after his first birthday...haha...your girl is a champ! My kind of girl!

Heather said...

8 months!!!! WOW! What a sweet, sweet girl! Love her and her momma!!!

Stephanie said...

WOW! She is getting so BIG!!!! You just wait until she is crawling she will definately keep you moving! She is so adorable!!!