Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014...

Easter weekend was fun!  Alex flew home on Friday and made hotel/dinner reservations for just the two of us.  An overnight date night!!  My favorite.

Alex is traveling a lot lately and even though it's not easy on any of us, I'm so very proud of him.  He works extremely hard to provide for our family. He works extremely hard pastoring our church. And above both of those things, he works extremely hard to make me and the girls a priority. What he does isn't easy. I admire and love him so much.


Our niece, Victoria stayed with the girls and did a great job caring for our babies.  She babysat a lot for us to pay for her spring break trip and the girls LOVED spending time with her. So we've asked her to be our summertime babysitter and the girls couldn't be more excited. Sydney is so much like Roo-Roo...it makes me smile.


We were home around noon on Saturday.  I ran a few last minute errands and worked at the church for a bit. By the time I arrived home, it was time to take Amelia to play baseball.

She asked Alex if he would take her to the "baseball court" after his trip to Des Moines.

We obviously need to work on our baseball lingo.

So off to the baseball court we went.

She could actually hit the ball. I was surprised!



Sydney was over snacks and did a great job cheering for her sister!



They loved running the bases.



We came home and the girls dyed Easter eggs with their Daddy while I did some baking for Easter Sunday.  Dyeing eggs is always messy.  Amelia went to church with a green hand on Sunday.  And Sydney just wanted to crush the eggs with her bare hands. Daddy's nerves were shot trying to keep them clean. I was reminded why I do the crafts with the girls. HA!  It was funny to watch!


 They sure had fun though!


They colored this little Easter story kit and after that, it was time to call it a night! 


I didn't take one picture of the girls with my good camera.  They're all with my phone. Sundays are always crazy for us. 


This is Sydney "smiling pretty." HAHA!


This is Mama wrangling Sydney for a picture. 


Me and my girls.


Great message and time of worship with my church family!


Amelia and Sydney with their cousin, Kandace.


Kandace is one of her best friends. :)


Sydney with her friends, Nathaniel and Shelby. I love these babies!


Me and my love.


They had the Easter story in children's church and decorated Easter cookies!


We headed to Daddygrand's and Nana's after church.  


We had a yummy meal and the kids had their annual Egg hunt.  Nana always fills the eggs with money. 


I laugh looking at these pictures.  Alex dressed the girls after church and put Amelia's shirt on Sydney and Sydney's shirt on Amelia.  They stayed like that all afternoon.  



She was proud of herself. 


Thanks, Nana!!


We celebrated Anna's birthday too!


It was Sunday evening before the girls were able to go through their baskets.




Sydney's favorite was the bubble gum tape. I love her sleepy eyes in this picture.


New books!


I've had these little purses put away since last August! It's a miracle I remembered where they were hidden.


Bubble tape excitement!


And she really liked her giant Easter egg cookie.


Ya know, I was reading the Easter story to Amelia a few days ago and started crying. She's always very concerned when she sees tears.  She asks me "why do you have on your crying face, Mama?" It's hard to explain to a four year old why you're crying tears of joy or because you're just so thankful for something. She associates crying with sadness. But that's all I could tell her...because I'm so thankful for my salvation through Jesus. I'm so thankful for what He did for me.

There is absolutely nothing good about me or in me. I'm a rebellious sinner. I remember sharing my testimony one time and when I was finished, one of the ladies said, "I would have never guessed you had done all you've done or that you were even capable of that." I had to laugh because I know if anyone sees any good in me at all, it's only because of God's amazing grace. We all have a different story but we all need the same thing. We're all sinners in need of a Savior.

Honestly, I hope I'm never able to read the Easter story or sing about what He did for me without getting emotional. I'm thankful for the victory I have in Jesus because of His victory over death. My God is not dead. He is risen!! And because of Him, I have eternal life. 


"The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. “He is not here, for He has risen..." Matthew 28:5-6

Love to all,

2 comments:

Faith said...

Loved reading about y'alls special weekend! I'm so glad that you and Alex were able to have a night to yourselves. And, I pray that God will restore the time that Alex has missed due to travel. He is a very hard working man and I pray the Lord would give him an extra measure of grace to handle all that he's been given.

I love the girls outfits for Easter. So precious! And, you look absolutely beautiful!

Love and miss you dearly!!

Kim said...

That last picture of your family on your latest post is so pretty, Jill! I always enjoy your posts and can relate to them so well.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!