Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life is good...

For an entire week, this was our view when we opened our eyes each morning.



It's so hard to leave the beach. I almost need an anti-depressant to bring me back home. ;) We left on August 20th and returned on the 28th. It was our first beach vacation as a family of three. We were so excited for Amelia to see the ocean and to play on the beach. We LOVE the beach. We've vacationed in Destin for 10 years and I have to say, this was the best year yet! I have more pics to share, but that will be another post.

We arrived home late Saturday evening, went to church on Sunday, and then Alex jumped on a plane for the Big D (and I actually do mean Dallas) on Monday. So it's just me and Amelia at home this week.

I can't believe it's September! This time of year makes me want to cook and bake every day. I got up Sunday and headed to Kroger. We needed formula for Amelia and something for breakfast. I was thrilled to see that our new Kroger Marketplace officially opened. That place is INSANE. Insane in a good way. I could have spent hours in there. I called Alex to tell him how awesome it was and he said, "are you coming home anytime soon?" (LOL) This store may just change my attitude about grocery shopping.

I also want to announce that it's officially Fall. It doesn't matter what the calendar reads. I saw these on the shelf at Kroger and these babies mean Autumn has arrived! I went ahead and made a dentist appointment when I got home from the store. Can you say, "PURE SUGAR!?"



I was wanting to make something yesterday morning after Amelia went down for her nap, so I decided on a batch of sour cream biscuits. I believe this is Paula Deen's recipe, so they're rather healthy...they only require two sticks of butter!



I also put a roast, potatoes & carrots in the crock pot. I have major leftovers, since Alex wasn't here to help me eat it. It was so yummy though. I gave Amelia some of the potatoes and carrots and she LOVED it. She's a huge fan of getting to eat off Mommy's plate.



And speaking of my baby girl. She took 5 hours worth of naps yesterday. CRAZY. This is what she looked like after her 3-hour morning nap. Girl had some CRAZY hair. HA!



She slept from 8pm-8am, so I was able to get 10 hours of sleep last night. How awesome is that!? Being a single parent this week, I need all of the sleep I can get.

It really is good to be home. Life is good.

I hope you're having an amazing week!!

Love to all,

12 comments:

Jen said...

I may have to make those biscuits. September always means fall for me too! I'm thinking of getting my fall decor out this week (Jared will make so much fun of me!).

Yay for all the naps and nighttime sleep. Go Amelia! If you guys are bored this week, give me a call and we can get together. Love you.

Anonymous said...

there is nothing better than a vacation at the beach! And fall certainly makes you want to bring out the comfort food!

Ashley said...

You definitely sound refreshed! I'm so glad you got to get away with your baby and your man. ;) I'm also glad you had an amazing time! Those biscuits look delish!

Nitzia said...

glad you got to enjoy some time away and relax with family. i have to go the new kroger, im sure is super nice... too bad is not closer to home so i can get my groceries there weekly.

Faith said...

She is the cutest little bed-head I've seen! So glad you had a wonderful week away. It looks and sounds like it was perfect!

Hope the rest of this week flys by and you will soon be re-united with your man!

Kym J said...

Your post makes me hungery!

Kym J said...

Your post makes me hungery!

Shannon said...

So glad y'all had fun in Destin! We are headed to Gulf Shores next weekend and I can't wait. Although I did just see on the news that another oil rig exploded and could be leaking.... :(

Can't wait to see your vacation pictures!

Heather said...

I have been craving a roast with carrots and potatoes like nobody's business. That is definitely on my menu for next week. And come on fall!!! Welcome!!! Can't wait to see beach pics!!!! Amelia is a doll, as usual!! :)

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

I love fall!! I am so ready for soups, chilli, baking!!! hugs

Lauren said...

Soooo glad you had a great time at the beach!!!!! :)

Mazzy said...

I am so jealous of your Florida beach time! Nothing is better than that.

And your fall food pictures are making me drool!!!!!!!!