15 years ago today, I said "I DO." It's hard to believe we're celebrating 15 years of marriage! Even though it has been 15 years, I still look at Alex and see that young, gorgeous, dark-haired man I married. Sure, we both have a little grey hair, a few added pounds, and a few more wrinkles, but I still think he's gorgeous and he still has the same huge heart that I fell in love with over 15 years ago. He has always treated me like a princess and now that we have our own little princess, he treats me like a queen. He might love a good deal but when it comes to me, he spares no expense. He makes me feel beautiful and says "I love you" many times a day. We often laugh about how young and naive we were. We had no idea what marriage truly meant. We had very little but that was okay - we were livin' on love!
15 things I love about my sweet husband:
1. I love your love for God and for His Word.
2. I love that you believe in second chances.
3. I love the father you are to Amelia.
4. I love how quickly you forgive.
5. I love your salt & pepper hair.
6. I love that you always open the door for me.
7. I love how smart you are.
8. I love that you can make me laugh like no one else.
9. I love how well you take care of our family.
10. I love that you don't just say "I'm sorry", you say "will you forgive me?"
11. I love that you're patient with me during an argument and speak kindly.
12. I love your gorgeous eyes.
13. I love that you have a heart to serve.
14. I love that you care what God thinks more than what others think.
15. I love that you chose me 15 years ago and still choose me today.
Alex, I love you with all my heart. I've learned so much over the last 15 years. Most importantly, I've learned that our marriage is worth fighting for. YOU are worth fighting for. I'm looking forward to 15+ more wonderful years together. I love that I get to grow old with you by my side. You are my love, my best friend. I'm blessed to be called Mrs. Alex Averitt.
"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine." -Song of Solomon 6:3