Sunday, August 25, 2013

Amelia's Lemonade Stand...

Today was the big day!  
We ran our errands yesterday and picked up our ingredients 
for Amelia's lemonade stand.  


She could barely go to sleep last night - she just couldn't stop talking about it.


I let her help mix up the first batch to tell me how sweet she wanted it.


She said,
"it's a little sweet and a little sour, just like lemonade is supposed to be."


Sam's didn't have us on the schedule when we arrived this morning
and it didn't look like we were going to get to set up. 

I started panicking inside.

We immediately started praying and within 15 minutes - the managers came 
back and said we were good to go.

I was so thankful we didn't have to tell Amelia we couldn't sell lemonade today!


We go to church with Danielle.
She arrived just as we were setting up and helped us. 
So thankful for her!!
She's a sweetheart.


My friend Shannon was in town and came by with her sweet Mom. 
I had met her Mom and have talked to Shannon through
blogging/text for YEARS but we've never had the chance to meet in person. 
It was such a nice surprise to meet and get to hug her neck.
I only wish we could have talked longer. 
Maybe next time I won't be sweating and frazzled. HA!
Next time, Shannon!


My sweet friend, Holly and her kiddos. 
Amelia will be taking ballet with Holly's girls...so excited about that!


Our family.



I'm so proud of this girl. 
She came up with this idea after our cupcake fundraiser.
There are times when I forget she's three years old. 
She amazes me on a daily basis.
I love her heart.


Josh, Hillary and Sophie stopped by. 
Love this beautiful baby and her family!


I'm proud of my sweet Sydney too!
She sat in her stroller for almost a full 6 hours - she only got out for diaper changes and lunch!
We would take her for a stroll through Sam's every so often to let her cool off.
I was honestly thinking one of us would have to take her home, at some point
in the day, but she was a trooper.
She did her part to help today and was such a good girl!


Amelia and her Aunt Joy. 
She is always there for my girls...this is their second Mama!


Amelia and her Uncle Gerry. 
She and Sydney lit up when they saw him coming!


Allan and Darce stopped by to see us.
Such a nice surprise!


Shelby & Garrett stopped by!
My friend, Erin is raising some awesome kiddos.


Our friend, Addi stopped by too!


Sydney and Shelby...BFF.


Uncle Chris, Kandace and Krystal came out to show some love!


Amelia and Kandace


Niki and Nathaniel stopped by!
This baby makes me smile. 
He has the sweetest personality...love him!


Will, Jen, and Shelby.
They were so sweet to take Sydney with them into Sam's while they were shopping.
Gave her a little break from the heat!


Sydney getting a little break from her stroller to have lunch.
She looks so tall in this picture!


Bro. David stopped by too!


Amelia & Gracie. 
I just love Gracie's Mama, Ashley. 
I'm blessed to call her, friend!


The Billson boys and Amelia.
She adores these guys...loves her cousins so much!


My Uncle Kevin made these bookmarks for us to hand out with the lemonade.
I was inside buying more ice when he and my Aunt Sandi stopped by. 
Wish I had a picture of them too!


6 hours...

100 pounds of ice...

170 cups...

10 gallons of lemonade...


Amelia raised $437.00 for the Cabecar Church Ministry!


One of the sweetest moments of the day was when we were packing everything up
and we were all high-fiving each other and saying, "great job!"
She said, "Mama, I'm sure proud of you, you're a great lemonade-seller."



This was Sydney on the way home. 
We had two, tired girls but it was a great day!
We had a lot of fun doing this as a family.
No better way to spend our Saturday!


Thank you to all of our family and friends that gave to this fundraiser. 
I wish I had been able to get pictures of everyone.
You guys are the best.
We pray God will greatly bless you for giving of your time and resources.

"Give, and it will be given to you.  A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, and will be poured into your lap.  For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Luke 6:38

Love to all,

6 comments:

Grandma said...

Sweetest post! Tears running down my cheeks.! What a blessed day!

Maydelin said...

I looks Like it was a great day!! Hi, has been reading your blog for a while, but I'm new commenting on it!!

Elaina Weaver said...

Love these pics! Wish we could have stopped by.

Faith said...

I am so proud of this precious girl and her tender heart for The Lord. I can't imagine how proud you and Alex must be. Y'all are doing it right and are such an encouragement to me as a parent.

Love that you had so many sweet friends stop by to support y'all. You know we would have been there if we could!!

Love you all!

Lauren and Eddie said...

I teared up when I read that amount. What a wonderful thing y'all did. I am so impressed and proud. Sure wish that Sam's had been our Sam's! What a blessing you are teaching Amelia to be!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I love everything about Amelia's lemonade stand. So glad it was a successful and prosperous fundraiser...so many learning opportunities...y'all are good parents. :)