Thursday, September 18, 2014

Where Did September Go?

Y'all, we're halfway through September. 

How did that happen? 

Alex had a little surgery last week and thankfully, he's doing really well. 

This is only the second time he has ever been put under for surgery. 

He's a healthy guy, so whenever he has to have anything done, I fight worry. 

My mind can think of all kinds of crazy, freak accident things that could happen. 

I love this man.

I was thankful for my uncle and father-in-law. They came to the hospital and sat with me while I waited. 

And I quickly realized what it meant to the people in my Daddy's congregation, all those years, each and every time he went to the hospital. He has spent countless hours in the waiting room. 

And it meant something to those families.

What would we do without our pastors?

I'm mighty thankful for mine.


Since our weather has been giving us a glimpse of Fall, I made an apple pie.

And I have an apple tart recipe that I'm going to try this weekend. 

I wish I loved all things pumpkin, but I do not.

I like the smell of pumpkin but not the taste.


I participated in LPL Simulcast last Saturday. 

My Aunt and my Mom hosted. 

God had a word just for me and I'm thankful I chose to go. 


Speaking of September being half gone. 

My baby turns five years old in October. 

Can't even believe that. 


We were happy to have Roo over on Saturday night!


Amelia is loving ballet. 


We had a big day at CBS this week!


Sydney memorized a Bible verse for the first time! 

I'm so proud of her. 

She's doing great at CBS this year. 

Seriously, this picture makes me smile so big.


We went to the mall after CBS. 

First we ate. 

Yes, that's Sydney taking a huge spoonful of ketchup. *GAG*


We had to find some Fall clothes to fit these girls. 

Sidenote: children grow way too fast.


I really dislike shopping for clothes for the girls WITH the girls. 

I'm a huge fan of online shopping.

I had to bribe them with rides on these things to get them to cooperate. 

They're always tired of it after the first pair of pants. 

And we had to try on about 12 pair to find some for Amelia. 

She is so tall. A lot of the 6's were too short!

We found a few things and then decided we were exhausted. We decided to give it another go some other time. 

Or Mama would shop online.


So...life is hard for the two year old.

And for the parents of the two year old. 

I've been praying for some clarity on how to discipline my strong-willed child.

Sydney is quick to get angry and if you let her stay that way for too long, she will try to take it out on her sister or whoever is closest to her. 

Sounds like some adults I know. (HA!)

So as soon as she gets angry, I say, "go jump your anger out."

And she's goes to the trampoline and just jumps and jumps. 

Surprisingly, it's working.

After she jumped the first time, I said, "who is happy!?" 
And she said, "I AM!" 
And then I said, "who is angry!?" 
And she said, "I am!" 
And I said, "keep jumping!"

You do what you gotta do! Right?


We had a low-key day, today.

We took Pryce lunch and then ran some errands.


Why do they love to play in the car when you get home?


No really, get out of the car.


Alex is home tomorrow and we have a big surprise for the girls. 

I can't wait!

It's going to be a great weekend. 

Love to all,

No comments: