Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Baby Shower For Sydney...

My sweet LG gals gave me a baby shower on Monday evening. They brought Sydney some diapers, wipes, lotions, baby wash, etc.

My friend, Heather, made this cute onesie and tutu...I just love it!!



They also made this book and each person wrote something to Sydney in it - such sweet words and prayers for our baby girl. So special. I love this group of ladies so much. We share our lives with each other, pray for one another, encourage each other, laugh at/with each other. They're a blessing in my life. I'm very thankful for sweet/thoughtful friends.



I made buffalo chicken tacos again last night...they're just so good and easy to make. We'll probably have these every week. :)

I tried a new recipe for Apple Cherry Oat Bars. I've been wanting to make these for a couple of weeks now. They were yummy! A few changes I made/will make next time: I only used all purpose flour in the recipe because the two stores I went to didn't have almond flour, I added fresh lemon zest to the recipe, and I will leave out the allspice all together next time - it's just too strong for my liking. The bottom and topping were SO GOOD and I loved the tartness of the dried cherries in the filling. I'll make these again and will probably change up the filling every so often too...you could use any fruit that you like best.



Happy Wednesday!

Love to all,

3 comments:

Heather Bug said...

Love you, sweet Jill!! Love Sydney, too!!!

Jenna said...

How cute is that outfit?! Oh my word! So sweet Jill!

Faith said...

So glad that you and sweet Sydney were showered with love. And, how cute is that outfit?! She will look precious in that!