Thursday, June 21, 2012

Popsicles in our pajamas...

I was reading The Macs blog and saw where she made a summer check list.  I loved the idea so we made one of our own!  At the top of our list was make popsicles because I had picked up a popsicle mold several weeks back at Target.  Amelia loves popsicles and I knew she would love to make her own.  This is the only way we had popsicles when I was a child! (LOL)  We would make them out of kool-aid. Or another thing we did was take a fresh banana - wrap it in foil - and freeze it. Fresh banana popsicles...ha!  They were actually really yummy.


The first thing we ALWAYS do before doing anything in the kitchen is wash our hands.  I actually didn't even have to teach Amelia this. She watches a show called Noodle and Doodle (or something like that) and they always make something in the kitchen and sing a song about washing your hands before you cook. This is the first thing she asks to do before we make anything. 

I'm not going to lie though. I'm a handwashing freak.
I hope she'll continue to follow in my handwashing freak footsteps.


We made our popsicles out of two of Amelia's favorites.
Cranberry/Apple juice and Raspberry Lemonade. 

The next thing you do is pour the juice into the molds. 

Make sure you pour some all over the table and floor
and follow that up with making a face like this.


And then let Mama clean it up and say "it's okay!!"
And go back to having a good time! :)


I let her do everything.  She poured the juice and then put the tops on. 
I just tightened them up a bit after she was finished.


Then place them in the freezer!


It's best to get dressed for the day and watch a little Dora with your peeps while waiting for them to freeze. 
Waiting for something to freeze is like waiting for Christmas...takes forever!!


But lo and behold...just a few hours later and they were ready!!


I ran them under warm water and then let Amelia pull them out to taste them.


She needed one of each flavor.

And was very pleased with the finished product!


This was a fun, easy and flavorful project for summer. :)


Next up...homemade ice cream!!

Love to all,

5 comments:

Momx6 said...

She looks so happy! You know you can make ice cream in a zip-lock bag... LOL

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I love this. :)

Anonymous said...

You can blend up some fresh or frozen fruit with yogurt and make frozen yogurt pops too!

Elaine said...

This is a cute idea! I love the idea of a list. I may need to *borrow* this =)

Paula Keller said...

CUTE! I know she enjoyed doing that!

I think I'm going to try fruit and yogurt smoothies for ice pops.