Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bye, Bye, Paci...

March 7, 2012. 

That was the day we first met. 


You took up half my face, but that didn't bother me. 


You were my first friend. 


We would hang out on the couch and watch TV.


We would take cat naps together. 


I always kept you close.


You made me feel better on those days when I felt puny.


You were a constant comfort.


I loved you with all my heart.


I could always count on you to make me feel better.


My sister loved you too. You always made me want to snuggle with her.


 You were something me and my friends all had in common.


You were there for all my mischievous moments.


On the days where I felt no one else understood me...you were there.


You made early mornings happy.


You made road trips quiet.


You made carseats bearable.


You've been there for every vacation.


You've celebrated every holiday.


You could calm me when nothing else could.


You made my Mama feel like she still had a baby.


On January 7, 2015, we said goodbye.


I slept all night long.

And though it wasn't the same, I did it.


I sang the "Happy Birthday" song for an hour.


I eventually drifted off to sleep.


This morning, we celebrated with ice cream for breakfast.


And I get to celebrate my third birthday at Build-A-Bear.

I'm so excited about that!


Don't worry, you'll be there for that too.

I'll put you inside my stuffed animal, so you'll always be with me.


My Daddy and Mama are so proud of me.

They said this was a big deal for their little girl.

I'm glad they let me choose when to say goodbye.

It made it a lot easier.

Thanks for the memories, paci.

5 comments:

Elaina Weaver said...

This post makes me cry!!!

But I love what you do with Build-A-Bear. I'm tucking that idea away for later use.

Also....love her plaid shirt. :)

Lauren and Eddie said...

Yea, Sydney!!! Will mailed his to Santa (ha!) last summer and Santa sent him a Batman toy like his big brother's. There have been LOTS of time (especially in the car) when I have wished I could pop it back in his screaming mouth. LOL! Now if we could get potty training behind us, I'd be a happy(ier) mama!

Marcie said...

This brings tears to my eyes. My girls are almost 3 and I dread the day we have to say goodbye to our beloved "boppy"!

Faith said...

Totally read this with tears in my eyes. She's such a big girl. I'm so proud of her!! P.s. She may need to give K & E some pointers on saying goodbye to theirs soon 😉

I Believe in Miracles said...

That might be the cutest way to say good bye to a paci ever.