Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hello January...

January is here and it's cold. 

Amelia can't wait for snow. 

She really thought she'd wake up on Christmas morning and there would be snow. 

She told Alex, "on Christmas, we'll open gifts, have breakfast, and then we'll go sledding and build a snowman."

Alex told her there was no guarantee of snow and later found her in her room, crying.

Every single Christmas movie we watched over the holiday season had snow on Christmas morning, so NATURALLY, that means it snows on Christmas. 

Her first lesson in, "you can't believe anything you see on TV."

We spend a lot of time inside and the girls love to color/craft. 

Even though it's a mess to clean up every day, they LOVE the crafting boxes we put together. 

They've used them every single day since Christmas. 

And that makes me happy!


Amelia loves to help and she loves to put money in her piggy bank, so I gave her .25 per every matched/folded sock. 

This is one chore that I loathe, so it was worth every single quarter. 

She made $6.00 for her bank. 


I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but these two little ones and their Daddy served me breakfast in bed on Saturday morning! 

I was actually really surprised and loved it. 

They served me scrambled eggs, bacon extra crispy (just the way I like it), and a mocha latte. 

It was delicious. 


I also received a package on Saturday. 

You should check them out, if you love hot tea.

My friend, Danielle had been talking about this company over Christmas. 


She was over for a visit, so we jumped online and started looking at all they had to offer. 

I chose the happy collection


I had a cup of birthday cake on Saturday. 

Look, it even has colored sprinkles in it!


They send you some nifty filters for steeping your tea.


I loved it!

I can't wait to try the others I ordered.

It comes from Canada, so it takes a few extra days to receive it, but so worth the wait.

I'll be drinking a lot of hot tea on these cold, winter days!


This is random, but made me laugh.

I was drinking my tea out of this mug.

It has a few lyrics from the song, "Jingle Bells."

I was singing the tune while making my tea.


And then Amelia joined in and started singing with me.

It is so funny to me to listen to what my girls think a song is saying.

And if I listen to them long enough, I start singing it that way, even though I know the correct lyrics!

For the longest time, I would sing, "oh what fun, a mister ride in a one horse open sleigh."

Because that's the way Amelia sang it for over a year.

But this one...

Well, I had to correct her immediately after laughing for 10 minutes straight.

She's getting closer to the correct lyrics...but still...not quite there.


This was our Sunday morning picture. 

Sydney Faith actually gave me some smiles this morning. 

Or her face froze that way and she had no choice?


We went to Cracker Barrel after church.

Papa took the time to teach Amelia to play the game of Checkers. :)


We're looking forward to starting back to CBS and home group. 

And I guess the Christmas tree/decorations need to come down this week.

It's going to be a good week!

Love to all,

1 comment:

Ellery said...

My son (4 1/2) was distraught that Santa wouldn't be able to come to our house because we didn't have any snow for him to land his sleigh on. He's only had one Christmas with snow, his first Christmas, so he doesn't even remember it.

Poor little ones who have false hopes of a snowy Christmas. Guess we need to move more north to help the chances. I was thinking just the other day that more Christmas movies need to be made in Southern climates.