Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A day with Amelia...

Our day started with The Wizard of Oz.

Sydney is obsessed.

Amelia says it scares her.


After the movie, Sydney headed over to her grandparents for the day/night. 

Alex is out of town, so it's just me and Amelia. 

We've played games upon games. 

She loves to play catch right now. We sat in the living room and threw each other the ball for at least 45 minutes. 

She loved it.


She played outside in the snow.




And drank hot chocolate.



She said I made it a little hot, so she let the snow fall into her cup for a few minutes and then it was JUST RIGHT.


After lunch, she took a nice nap in Mama's bed.

I never tire of watching my babies sleep.


She has talked a lot and I have listened and laughed a lot.


Amelia and I have a standing date night on Wednesday evenings. 

We order cheese pizza and eat it straight out of the box, while watching our favorite show, Fixer Upper.

She says she wants to be a designer like JoJo. Because she would love to choose things for people's homes. She also said she would never want to have Chip's job because he does the hard, dirty work.

She always knows exactly which house the people are going to choose on this show. 

I asked her how she always chooses the right one and she said, "I can just look with my eyes and tell which one is the best and that's the one they choose."

Of course, her desire to be a designer could change next week. 

Last week, she wanted to be a ninja turtle.


I'm thankful for time alone with each of my girls.

I'm trying to do this more often.

I see they need it.

Much of the time, it's not even a full day. It's more like 30 minutes.

But it always makes for happier days when they see that I see them and hear them...when they have my full attention.

We all desire that.


Love to all,

No comments: