Tuesday, November 17, 2009

3rd Baby Shower...

I never had a chance to post about my 3rd and final baby shower. You will see from the pictures below that I was extremely swollen. My M-I-L saw me at the shower and immediately asked when my next doctor's appointment was. Come to find out, she feared that I was preeclamptic but didn't say anything (she didn't want to scare me). My doctor's appointment was two days following this shower. My doctor took one look at me and I was sent to the hospital immediately. The rest is kind of a blur and Alex is going to write about that soon...we promise! I was put on magnesium sulfate (along with several other things) and for those of you who have been put on that - you know what it does to you. I can't remember much of anything. Anywho, on to the shower pics!

My S-I-L, Sara did so much for this shower.
This was my Journey Church shower...we meet in a large warehouse space which is near impossible to decorate. Needless to say, she did a fabulous job!!

Sara made this chandelier. Yes, you read that right...she MADE IT! It was huge and gorgeous! She is so talented. I'll be showing you what she did in A's nursery soon!


The spread...she had a chocolate on chocolate cake and white on white cake...DE-LISH!


The yummy punch!


Lots of fruit to dip in chocolate!


All of these girls helped make it a special day. :)


Me with my Sis, Grandma, S-I-L, and Aunt


Me and Joy


Lots of fun presents...


My sis ended up having to come home and pack my bags for the hospital...this one came in very handy!


This looked so tiny at the time...we put A in it at the hospital and it swallowed her whole! :)

It was such a fun shower! Just had to share pics! :)

Love,

10 comments:

Faith said...

That does look like fun! I really like the cute goodies you received. And, that chandelier might be the coolest thing I've ever seen...I can't believe she made that! I can't wait to see what she did in A's nursery!

Jen said...

I'm sad I missed this shower. :( Looks like it was such fun!

Paige said...

looks like fun- i can't wait to hear the birth story. I had to be on magnesium sulfate for my first daughter- made me loopy, but thank God I remember everything. So glad you and baby A are doing well!

Katie said...

Everything looks perfect, Jill. Love that green bag!

rathi said...

I can't wait to see her nursery and hear her birth story.. Have a great week!

Shannon said...

Those decorations are so cute and that chandelier is amazing! Cute gifts! Love that bag!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

when I see your sweet face with your red checcks and swollen eyes I can so see you had way to much fluid:) so thankful all turned out good in the end!! Never say again you have a low pain tolarence:) cause you are real trooper in my book!! love and hugs

Hilary said...

The shower looked fun and the food looked yummy...I hear you on your delivery. I had mag too and it was crazy to say the least. I had ALOT that I don't remember. Our story are alot alike... Your hearder is very cute! Love the picture :)

Just Believing said...

sorry to bug again but i know you mentioned using picnik.com for your pictures...

But

how do you get the stamp with your blog on each picture?

We had a someone almost use our picture of our baby!!!

Hester 5 said...

You were very swollen! I know EXACTLY how that feels!! I did it with both of mine. Luckily with the 2nd, I never had to be on mag but it is AWFUL!!!! It made my eyes feel so funny...that was the worst part to me. Glad that is in the past and your beautiful baby girl is home and you all are happy and healthY!