Friday, November 13, 2009

So in love...

We are so in love with this baby girl.



I took her to the doctor on Tuesday. She was up to 6 lbs - 8 oz! The doc was happy with her weight gain. I had taken her in because she seemed a little congested, but everything was okay. I'm a little paranoid. I'm trying very hard not to be that first time Mom that every pediatrician hates. :) Her pediatrician is great though. Told me that's what she's there for and to always come in if I'm worried. She told us that we can quit waking her every 3 hours to eat and let her wake us. That has been nice! She is going about 4 hours between feedings now. We're enjoying every minute with her. Alex can hardly wait to get home each day. It's so sweet.

I went to our local Holiday House yesterday...bought A's first Christmas present! This year is going to be so much fun for us. I'm ordering new stockings and can't wait to hang our baby girl's next to ours! I have accomplished quite a bit of my Christmas shopping over the past week and even better...I've found some great deals. I really want to put up our tree. Will have to work on Alex to get that done before Thanksgiving. We'll see. :) A and I listen to Christmas music all day long...love it!! This is my favorite time of year. I love all of the open houses, decor, music, food...how can you not love it??

I'm trying really hard to post more than once a week, but it's all I can do right now. I'll get better...I promise.

Love to all,

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I am so happy for you and I don't even know you! I love reading updates on your sweet little family. Little Miss A is absolutely adorable! You and Alex waited a long time for Miss A and God gave you the best!
I can feel your love for your baby girl just by reading what you write...if only all children on this earth could be loved like that!
Take care,
Love from Wisconsin

Elaina Weaver said...

Where did you order new stockings from? I've been wanting new ones for Drew and I.

Elaine said...

I can see why you are in love! She is so beautiful! I am sure you just look at her in awe. Check out my blog, you'll find a CD you may be interested in for Miss A :)

Hugs!

Glitter & Bliss said...

What a little doll!!!

Heather said...

I am in love with her too!!! :)
Um.....how is it that you are out Christmas shopping and being all productive and stuff?!?!? Amazing! At this point with Connor AND AK...I was still in my pajamas around the house all day! Seriously!
So happy for you guys! A is a DOLL!

Catrisha T said...

She is absolutely adorable Jill!! I'm in amazement of the wonderous gift that God has provided your family each time I read a post from you. As for the paranoid mom thing... each of us have a spell of it at first and it's better to be safe than sorry. She's lucky to have a caring and concerned Mama. You'll eventually get to posting more often... heck you're doing better than I did when I first had my little man, I posted his birth story then it was 3 months before I blogged again. Huge hugs you're coming leaps and bounds.

Rhonda Rae said...

oh jill she is so cute when she gets a lil bigger we should do lunch while my big ones are in MDO I want to meet her, and so does logan LOL

Eric and Emily said...

What a beautiful picture of a beautiful little girl!

I am listening to Christmas music too..Chris Tomlin to be exact. I love it! We bought a fake tree last year after Christmas and I have been begging my husband to put it up on Thanksgiving day. : )

Paula Keller said...

Aww she is so, so sweet!

I know you're loving being a mom! I'm so happy for you.

Cheryl said...

Oh, how special Christmas will be this year!!! Words can't describe it! Can't wait to see your family stockings and Christmas decor. This IS a wonderful time of year! I Love and Look Forward to your post updates but we completely understand that you are a busy mommy! ;-) I keep saying that I am going to post more too, I can't seem to get that done and Hannah hasn't even arrived yet! Have a wonderful weekend!

Faith said...

I love her sweet little lips! I can tell that you that you are loving life right now - such fun!

Courtney said...

She's beautiful! I think I'm going to be the same kind of first time mom. Hey, that's what insurance is for, right? Getting to see the Doctor when you need to. Just think of all those years when you only went to the Doctor for an annual exam, now you're making up for that!

Hilary said...

Just precious! Love the picture :)

Ashley said...

Hey girl! So excited for you and your little family! I wanted to ask you where you ordered your Christmas stockings from because we need some cute ones for the boys.....

Hope you are doing and feeling well!

Jenna said...

Oh she is just a-dor-able! And I am with you - so looking forward to B's first Christmas!

Shannon said...

What a precious picture!! She is just adorable! I can't wait to see your stockings. I am so ready to put up Christmas decorations too. :)

Unknown said...

Love the picture! She's thriving!
Love you!
Momma

Jen said...

She's getting so big! I can't wait to hold her!! Christmas is the most fun... J and I were talking yesterday about how much fun we are having seeing the girls get excited about Christmas! P and I just finished putting up some of our decorations! We need to get together sometime soon!