Wednesday, February 22, 2012

34 Weeks...



Well I'm still on bed rest and trying to make the best of it. One day I'm ok - the next day I'm so over it. :) I'm blessed to have people who remind me that this is only for a short time and I know it's what's best for me and Sydney. Even though the thought of being on bed rest for 5 more weeks makes me think I might go crazy. My doctor encouraged me to just take one day at a time and to focus on the prize at the end. Our sweet Sydney.

I am beyond impressed with my husband and his ability to go on less sleep (he didn't get a whole lot before this), to run to the store bi-weekly, to run get whatever I'm craving at the moment, to take Amelia to the doctor by himself, to keep the dishwasher loaded/unloaded, to keep the house picked up, to care for Amelia in every way. All the while going to work early (some days at 4am!) so he can work from home from 2-5 for the rest of the day. He is amazing.

I'm also impressed with my little toddler. I couldn't ask for a better child to go through this with. She plays on her own so well and will play in the same room (wherever I am) for the longest time. I'm pulling out little surprises for her each day that I hope make this a little easier for her. It's hard not being able to be up and down, playing with her like I usually do. She's constantly saying, "Mommy, I take care of you" and will bring me a delicious meal that she whipped up in her little kitchen. Melt my heart.

So while this is a hard time...it's also a special time...a happy time. My devotional continues to be exactly what I need each day. Reminding me to be thankful in all circumstances. A few days ago my devotional read, "thank me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still."

It made me smile.

God is good.

Love to all,

6 comments:

Kaysie said...

Been thinking and praying for you!

Amber said...

I can't imagine being on bedrest, but it sounds like you've got a great support system. Your doctor is right ... keep your focus on the prize at the end. I can't wait to see what little Sydney looks like!

andreajennine said...

Every week and every day is so good for Sydney! You're doing great! Love the idea of daily surprises for Amelia. You're being such a good mom to BOTH your girls during this bedrest.

twondra said...

Aww, love the devotion! So neat. Glad you're doing okay as hard as it is.

Faith said...

You have the sweetest little family =) Love y'all and won't stop praying!

Mazzy said...

You sweet, precious thing. The end of pregnancy is just AWFUL as it is... I cannot imagine having to do it ON BEDREST. It must feel like the longest time ever.... but I know you'll be to the end before you know it. And you'll think back on this alone time with Amelia and wonder how if went by so quickly.

xoxo