Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012...

We had a little bit of snow yesterday. Very little, but Amelia was very excited. There was more on the back deck than anything. Alex promised her they would build a snowman the next time there was snow. He came home early before it all melted so they could build the tiniest snowman ever. He kept his promise.

Daddy of the year.



He brought us home Valentine goodies as well. I received red tulips. LOVE THEM.



He brought Amelia home a balloon, flowers, and huge teddy bear.



He knows the way to his sweet little girl's heart. I'm not going to lie, seeing him treat her so sweetly and think of her on Valentine's Day on his own like that...makes me fall in love with him even more.



That teddy bear MADE HER DAY. She slept with it in her bed last night. She crawled up in his lap a dozen times over to say, "Happy Balentine's Day, Daddy." She told me over and over that Daddy was her "balentine" and her boyfriend.

Melt my heart.



I bought these little envelopes to go on the back of the chairs for Amelia and Sydney. I wanted to get Amelia's name on hers for this year but wasn't able to in time. Next year we'll have two little Valentines! :)



Going through her goodies this morning.



Alex picked up Kobe for dinner...one of our favorites. I went off bed rest for 10 minutes to make him a heart shaped brownie. My man loves chocolate. We watched the movie Courageous after dinner. I've been wanting to see it for a long time. Such a good movie. Great message.




Today I'm thankful for my sweet Valentine. He has been working from home 1/2 days to take care of me and Amelia. He has so much on his plate but always puts us first. He's the best husband to me and Daddy to Amelia.

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
-1 Corinthians 13:4-7


Happy Valentine's Day!

Love to all,

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a sweet Daddy! My Dad used to always get me flowers for Valentines Day when I was a teenager, but without a boyfriend. It meant the world to me to be cherished by my Dad. :-)