I have lots of things going on in my head these days. That's what being on bed rest will do to you. Thinking. Lots of thinking. So here are some random thoughts for this Monday morning.
1. I woke up with lips twice the size of what they were last night.
2. My face is three times the size it was last night.
3. I wore my hair down today - in an effort to cover the ever growing lips and face.
4. It didn't work. My nurse mentioned the "puffy face" upon sitting down in her office.
5. I feel like a free woman when I get to leave for doctor's appointments twice a week. Since I've been put on house arrest.
I mean bed rest.
6. After stepping off the scale today, I asked my doctor if it was ok to take diet pills while pregnant.
He said that's the easiest question he has been asked in quite some time.
7. No diet pills for me.
8. I looked at our bank account today. I blushed with embarrassment on how much $ we've given Shake's Custard in the last two weeks. Their strawberry shakes are to die for and I've been craving them. A lot. My marriage almost ended over a strawberry shake while I was in the hospital a week ago. Long story. All I can say about it is...bless my husband's heart. Can you say HORMONAL??
9. I wonder why I've been gaining so much weight lately?
Such a mystery.
10. This is the second week that friends and family have been bringing meals to us. I haven't cooked a meal since I was put on bed rest. Every day a meal is dropped off and I close the door and want to cry. We are blessed to have so many people who love us and want to serve/bless us in this way - when we need it the most.
11. I went to Target right after my doctor's appointment today and bought hand soap and dish soap. We've only had one bottle of hand soap in the house for a couple of days and I've been carrying it from bathroom to bathroom or to the kitchen to wash my hands. I was only at Target for 5 minutes but it was so much fun.
12. I miss Target.
13. #11 was more of a confession.
14. Dr. S, if you read my blog...I'm sorry I broke the rules and went to Target.
15. My baby girl is up from her nap now...time to move from the bed to the couch.
Love to all,