Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Comfort Food...

My Momma is staying with us while she is healing from surgery. She had her wisdom teeth out. I've been through this...it's not fun at all. I was looking forward to being her nurse for the week. She has taken care of me after many surgeries/IVF cycles.

Mom has to eat soft foods right now, so she has been eating lots of jello and yogurt. Joy brought over lunch today...homemade potato soup. I'm not just saying this because she's my sister...it was the best potato soup I've ever eaten. Seriously.



I made sour cream biscuits to go with the soup. They were yummy too, if I do say so myself!



Mom is doing well. We're just hanging at the house, taking it easy. I have a bunch of Doris Day movies that we're going to watch tonight. We love Doris Day! :)



I hope you're having a great week!

Love to all,

7 comments:

Jen said...

I love potato soup and that looks delicious!!! Hope your mom is recovering quickly!! Love you.

amy said...

Jill,
I'm catching up on your blog and I just about died when I saw the recent pics of A. She is cuter than cute. Love the 4th of July one with her sparkler headband and of course that professional one is too cute for words.

Have you ever thought about doing a homemaking blog with recipes and stuff? Because your blog always makes me hungry.

Amy

Kevin said...

Mom and Doris Day . . . just doesn't get much better than that!

Shannon said...

LOVE Pillow Talk! :)

Mazzy said...

Your food pictures make me drool. I want those biscuits!

Lauren said...

Those sour cream biscuits look AMAZING!!! I have never heard of such a thing!!!! Glad your Mom is doing well and hope she gets 100% feeling better soon!

kelliegene said...

Yumm It *almost* makes me want to have oral surgery to get some of that good looking soup!