Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cupcakes & Chinese...

Thank you all for the sweet comments and Anniversary wishes!

Unfortunately, my sweetie is out of town this entire week on business. I understood that he had to be gone, but missed him just the same. I've been tired/overwhelmed, which always leads to an emotional-mama. I needed a pick-me-up. Joy was quick to come hang out and show me some love.

She brought me some homemade banana bread. She knows that as soon as I set my eyes on food - I forget all my worries. HA!



After Joy arrived, I decided that we needed to get out of the house, so we headed to a new cupcake place that just opened.



Here's me and my little cupcake outside the cupcake shoppe. :)



They had quite an assortment to choose from...



Joy and April chose classic vanilla w/vanilla frosting & vanilla w/chocolate frosting. April is Alex's little sis. She moved in with us over the weekend, so you will probably be seeing more of her around the 'ole blog. :)



We had a glass of organic milk to go with our cupcake. Skim of course.

Sidenote: I actually only ate a couple bites of my cupcake, so just incase my trainer is reading this...please don't be hard on me next week!!



Amelia was licking her lips, wishing she could have some too. A few more months, baby girl...just a few more months. :)



We ran to Target afterwards and then came back to the house. Upon arriving home, these were delivered from my sweetie! It was a nice surprise and made my day.



I talked Joy into staying for dinner. We ordered P.F's and it was delicious.



Joy left after dinner, so I got Amelia ready for bed and spent the rest of the evening watching my redbox movies. This was one of the movies that I watched. It was silly, but made me laugh!



I'm looking forward to the weekend. I get to see Alex and celebrate...just the two of us!

Love to all,

8 comments:

Elaina Weaver said...

Wish I could have joined you ladies. Next time! Your flowers are beautiful...A+ for Alex

Lauren said...

Cupcakes make everything better!!!! :)

Jen said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling tired/overwhelmed. Let me know if there is anything I can do! We need to get the kiddos together for a play date soon!!!!!!! My playroom is ready to entertain some little ones!

Nitzia said...

happy late anniversary!! i love the flowers he sent you, they almost look not real, so pretty :)
That cupcake place looks so yummy, i'll have to make a trip over there with JP this weekend for his birthday :) i'll call you this weekend to give you the towels.

Amber said...

Too cute that Amelia's shirt even has a cupcake on it! :-) Sounds like a wonderful day even though your hubby wasn't around.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww, Happy Anniversary! Food makes me feel better too! ;) That pic of Amelia is too cute! I hope you're doing well and getting some rest and relaxation!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

I sent you home my favorite cup cake as of today, it is hite choclate from Letts's in parkhill:)) hope you liked it:) hugs glad you and Alex are having a weekend alone:) I may come help april get her roo ready and clothes done:) if she wants me too:)))

Faith said...

What a fun afternoon outing! I'm glad that your sweet sis came to lift your spirits a little. I'm excited for your weekend with Alex!!