Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our Weekend...

We woke up Saturday and just hung out in bed for a while. Amelia laid in between us - talking up a storm - giving out kisses freely. I cherish these moments.



Once Amelia was tired of hanging out on the bed - we got up and I started baking. I had some bananas that were very brown and instead of tossing them (like I usually do) I decided to bake banana bread. Joy gave me the recipe and it was delicious. I doubled the recipe so I would have one to give my neighbor, a couple to share with church members, and one for us to eat!



Once lunch rolled around - I made Alex & Amelia some grilled cheese sandwiches and we watched Father of the Bride. I have Father of the Bride 1 & 2 on DVR so we watch them often. Amelia finally figured out how to use her popper this weekend. She had been carrying it around the house instead of pushing it. :)



We went to a birthday party for our niece Mika after church on Sunday. She is the sweetest little baby! She's one year old but so petite - you would never guess it! My S-I-L did her birthday in a Valentine theme...everything was SO CUTE.



It was after 4pm when we finally got home. We had been gone all day and Amelia was so tired. She woke up at 7am this morning. She has been waking up crying the past few nights/days. Not like her at all. When we go in to get her, she has tears streaming down her face and a lot of times her eyes are closed. We wonder if she's not having bad dreams?? :(

Of course today was Super Bowl Sunday. I wasn't really interested in the game, but I have to say I loved the VW Darth Vader commercial...so cute! The halftime show made me laugh. It was quite entertaining. Alex kept saying, "who are these guys...where are they from?" He has no clue who the Black Eyed Peas are, which honestly makes me laugh and love him even more. (LOL) He could care less about secular music. Amelia watched the Super Bowl with Daddy while I made dinner.



I decided to make sour cream & onion chicken strips for Sunday dinner - since they're so quick & easy. Dip your tenderloins in butter - dip in crushed potato chips - bake at 350* for 30 minutes. How easy is that??



I took this picture of Amelia when we pulled into the garage today. Girl was plum worn out.



I hope you had a relaxing weekend!

Love to all,

5 comments:

Jen said...

Don't you just love those "perfect" weekends?! I'm so glad you guys were able to come to the party... I hate that Amelia was so tired. Maybe it won't snow too much and we can get together this week! :) Love.

Anonymous said...

I make those chicken strips all of the time, one of the few things I can make - nat

Heather said...

LOVE the picture of the 3 of you in bed! I also cherish those memories with my husband and baby girl... It brought sweet tears to my eyes! :)

Faith said...

We had sour cream and onion chicken strips last night after I saw this and they were yummy!

Mazzy said...

L started waking up crying from napy at about the same age... I prayed over her every day before naptime and started paying REALLY close attention to everything she was watching. There was this show in NICK JR about dinosaurs that was done in CGI and I think those darn dinosaurs were giving her bad dreams! I stopped letting her watch it and distracting her when commercials for it came on... the crying stopped until recently. Now, I think it's a totally different issue, but it's so hard to have to break and down and figure out what's causing the drama for them! I hope she stops for you... there is NOTHING more heartbreaking to me than your girl waking up in tears like that. Poor baby!

xoxo