Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma...


-Teachers laying on top of their students to protect them from the storm.

-Parents waiting for their babies to be found in the rubble that was an elementary school just hours before.

-Parents holding on to their children by their hair as the strong winds tried to rip them from their arms.

-Elderly who have lost everything they own and have no one.

The stories go on and on and they're all heartbreaking.  I cry every time I watch any of it.

There are so many ways to help.  One way that I'm helping is by giving to the absc.org. They're in contact with the Oklahoma Baptist Convention and helping in any way possible.  Every single penny goes toward feeding and helping the victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes.  I urge you to find a way to give/help.  Here's a link of other organizations you can contact to give.

When I watched this clip from the news tonight, it made my heart happy.



I realize that many have nothing good to say about the church.  And though the church isn't perfect, because it's full of imperfect people like me, I'm still thankful to be a part of it.  The messy, chaotic, constantly-needing-fixed, beautiful bride of Christ.

God loves the church.

And so do I.

I'm praying continuously, Oklahoma friends.

Love to all,

No comments: