Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow & Sickness...

I'm fighting a cold. As soon as I think it's gone, it proves me wrong and I start sneezing and having to blow my nose constantly. My S-I-L, Alicia is cringing upon reading that statement about me blowing my nose. She can't stand for people to blow their nose. HAHA! I'm chugging the OJ because I'm one of those people that believes it makes me better.

We took Amelia out in the snow for a couple of minutes to snap a picture. She couldn't play in it since she has been sick. As I look at this picture, I notice that I grabbed a sweater and hat out of her closet to throw on her...this is an outfit of many different STRIPES. (LOL) I still think she looks precious.



Her first snow was last February...she was almost 4 months old in this pic. She has grown so much. I'm hoping the next snow we get, she'll be well and we'll be able to play in it!



I wanted to show you what my S-I-L, Sara gave me for Christmas. She actually made a set of these for all of the girls in our family. 7 sets total! She worked on them for months and we were all so surprised! I love them. She painted a canvas for each month that we can switch out. How cute are these??? When I see stuff like this, it makes me really wish I could paint!



We went to Amelia's ENT appointment today.



She will have tubes put in on January 19th. It took all of 5 minutes for the doctor to look at how many ear infections she has had since her 1st birthday and "tubes" immediately came out of his mouth. I know it's best for her vs. continuing to have ear infections. He said that a lot of times it can be done in as few as 10 minutes. I'm sure those will be the longest 10 minutes of my life. Handing her over to the nurses and not being able to be there while she's having it done will be very hard. So if you think of us on the 19th...say a prayer for my girl. And her Mama. :)

Speaking of prayer. Joanne desperately needs our prayers. She had a stroke at home and her daughter found her. She is fighting for her life and needs God's healing. Her husband has been updating on her blog.

Love to all,

10 comments:

Faith said...

Bless the girls heart, and the momma's heart. I am so sorry that she has not been able to stay well and I just pray that these tubes will be the answer. I will for sure be praying for this. I know how anxious your heart must be.

Those canvases are sooo stinkin' cute!! You have some talent in your family!

Love you so!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE LOVE LOVE those canvases! Can I have those? I will gladly change my last name to Averitt! : ) She did such a great job! I know it will be so hard to send Amelia to get tubes put in, but I just pray that everything will go well and that they will help!
Hope you feel better too!

Lauren and Eddie said...

Oh my WORD! Those canvases are precious. I might have to steal that idea! Hope you feel better. I think I'm getting James' sickness. No fun at all!

Cady said...

I love the canvases! Your SIL should sell them. I would totally buy a set!

I hope Amelia gets to feeling better soon!

MiMi said...

Jill,

I know exactly how anxious your heart is, just thinking about handing over your precious baby to the nurses, so that she can have tubes placed. I went through this with 2 of my 3 children and I remember what that was like. Just remember....that as much as you love that sweet little girl, God loves her even more and none of this has taken Him by surprise. He will be watching over her every second of that procedure and though she may be out of YOUR sight for a few minutes, Amelia will never be out of His.

I will definitely be praying for your sweet baby and for you, as well as for wisdom and guidance for her her doctor.

Love you,
MiMi

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those canvases! I might have to steal that idea! Maybe I could take some painting lessons first? ha! CUTE IDEA THOUGH!

Also...both my boys had tubes and one had tubes 3 times now. For us, it was SO QUICK once you hand them over! I barely had time to sit down and take a sip of water before they were calling us to recovery. Check to see if your Dr. will allow her to go in her pj's and take her special blankie with her. Our boys' Dr. allows them nearly anything they want in the OR, AND he carries them back to the OR himself. It's just precious! I will be thinking of you and if you have any mom to mom questions, feel free to email me!

Deidre said...

Any surgery like tonsils or tubes seems so routine until it's your own child, doesn't it? Bless your heart. I will pray for peace and your anxiety level.

I love the canvases. LOVE them. So cute.

Jen said...

Poor baby.... I will be praying for both of you. :) And I hope you get well soon. Seriously, start taking Emergen-C. When I was sick I started taking 3 or 4 packets a day and it worked wonders. There is an art to making it taste right, you can email me if you want to know my "tricks".

Love the canvases! I knew she was making them so that's why I didn't give you a hog for Christmas! Ha!

Isn't it crazy how much the babies change in one little year? I love comparing pictures from one year to the next. So sweet. Hope I see you soon.

Love you.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Those canvases are SO cute!! What a great idea and gift! :) I will absolutely be praying for you and Amelia (who looks cute in anything she is wearing ;))! You poor things, having to deal with all of those ear infections :( I hope it takes care them!!

Anonymous said...

So...While I was reading your blog I have decided three things...
1) Will most certainly pray for YOU and your little girl on January 19th.
2) The canvases are WAY cute!
3) I need one of those little snack containers you have for Amelia! What is that called and where did you get it? LOL Sorry!