Monday, March 14, 2011

You belong in the ZOO...

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL. I immediately thought we should take Amelia to the zoo and Alex loved the idea. It was really cute how excited he was to take Amelia to the zoo for the first time.



There was a long line when we arrived...we ended up buying a family pass for the year and I think we'll use it a lot. Buying the family pass also allowed us to bypass the long line - SCORE!



Amelia was cracking me up. She just sat back and enjoyed the ride!



After seeing several cool animals, we shared a fresh squeezed lemonade and a funnel cake. This was Amelia's first funnel cake. She was a fan. We put the lemonade in her sippy cup. I've never seen her drink anything that fast.









We wanted Amelia to ride the carousel while we were there. My M-I-L was telling me that she and her sister used to ride this same carousel when they were little girls. How neat is that?? Amelia LOVED it. Every time she would circle around and see me - she would smile so big and laugh and wave! I was laughing so hard! I probably took 100 pics of her on that thing. It made my heart happy to see her enjoying it so much.









We took our time and ended up only seeing half of the zoo. Not a problem though because we now have a season pass! :) It really was the perfect day. We loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back! We of course bought Amelia one of those cheesy t-shirts that says "My First Trip To The Zoo!" You can't leave without buying a souvenir. Seriously. They make you walk through the gift shop just to get out of the place.



Amelia was worn out and fell asleep within a few minutes in the car. Bless her happy heart.



I also wanted to say thank you to my blog friend, Charne. She sent the Valentine shirt that Amelia wore in her Valentine card picture and also this outfit that Amelia wore to the zoo. She sent us this sweet package all the way from South Africa. These clothes were made right there in SA and are just precious!



Love to all,

14 comments:

Sara said...

How unbelievably cute:)

We are planning our first family visit to the zoo Thursday, and I am hoping it goes great!

Jenna said...

SO fun!!! It really was such a gorgeous day! I love all the pictures. I really heart that child of yours!

Lauren said...

Oh my, that girl is just precious!!! What a beautiful and wonderful day at the zoo. Adorable pictures!!! :)

Shannon said...

How fun!! We will definitely have to take W to the LR Zoo this spring/summer. I don't think I've been since I was little!

I think I've used my bank card for .60 one time! It is so embarrassing. Haha

Kristen said...

What cute pics! The hubby and I love the zoo, but we definitely don't get to go as much as I'd like to! Once we have littles, I'm sure a family pass will be in order (anything to bypass a line! Haha)

Kaysie said...

How fun! Amelia looks like she had a ball! I love her cute outfit. :)

www.chasersofkaysers.blogspot.com

Faith said...

How fun!! I love the pics and I can tell that y'all had a blast. She is beyond precious and I love her little outfit from SA - how cool!

Elaina Weaver said...

She looks like such a big girl in these pictures. :(

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Oh, I haven't been to a zoo in YEARS! Looks like y'all had a great family day! We have something around here called Silver Springs and I was thinking of getting passes to that...we had them a few years ago but I want to get them again.

Rachel said...

How much fun did that kiddo have?!?! She looks like she's having a blast in every picture :)

Ashley E. said...

Oh my word, Amelia is PRECIOUS!!!!!!

Charne said...

o my word she looks super cute in Eco Punk and that zoo over there looks super amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

and its a pleasure for sending the outfit :)) anything for that cutie!

Unknown said...

What Fun....I wished we lived close enough to a zoo to get to visit whenever we want.

Mazzy said...

I just don't know if anything is better than funnel cake.

We didn't seem to get a good reaction for the first zoo trip, but hopefully next year. I wanted to buy an annual pass, but with a newborn it seemed pointless so will wait. I hope you guys get many fun days out of yours!!

xoxo