Tuesday, February 4, 2014


This is day number FOUR of Daddy being away.  Thank you to everyone for praying for our Costa Rica team!  And for praying for this Mama's sleep.  I slept so well last night!!

Alex sent me this picture on his first morning in Costa Rica.  Steve went out and picked fresh oranges from his backyard before breakfast.  Amelia thought this was pretty cool.  Can you imagine this being your backyard!?  

We were able to Face Time with Alex the first two nights.  Amelia had Big Teddy talking to Daddy too.  She was talking behind Teddy in this crazy, low voice.  Alex's face cracks me up.  He was talking to the bear as if it were real.  He had the girls laughing.   Before Alex goes on a trip, he always sprays some of his cologne on Big Teddy.  This is Amelia's favorite stuffed animal that he gave her a couple of years ago on Valentine's Day.  When she smells it, she feels close to her Daddy which I think is sweet.  Sydney's stuffed Olaf smells like Daddy's cologne too. :)

We've been playing dress-up while listening to our Frozen soundtrack, belting out "Let it go" and "Do you want to build a snowman?"  There are some catchy tunes in that movie.  I love hearing Sydney sing to the songs.

Other big news...Amelia told me she had twin babies.  Their names are Belle and Aurora.

This one thinks she wants to go potty.  Sometimes.  So I play along and let her sit there.

My Mama gave me a biscuit-making lesson this morning.  I've never tried to make her recipe (which isn't a recipe - she just eyeballs it) but it seems pretty simple.  I'll try to go solo next time and see how they turn out.  Hers were delicious this morning, as always. 

Since everything is frozen outside - we've been inside all day.  We don't really go anywhere on Tuesdays, so this didn't change our plans in any way.  By the way, how is it only Tuesday? :) 

Our lights started flickering off and on, so I decided it was a good time to teach myself to build a fire. Amelia kept telling me how awesome her Daddy is at making fires, so Mama had to prove she could do it too.  So at least I know we won't freeze if we lose power!  

Alex hiked (45 minutes past their campsite) to the top of the mountain to get cell phone reception last night.  We were able to talk for about 5 minutes.  I was just happy to hear they arrived safely.  It's always good to hear his voice when he's away.  I told him he didn't have to hike every day to call. I know he will be exhausted by the end of each day.  I'm thankful he was able to make this trip.  We wanted to go as a family, but the main goal was to start on the pass-thru house and that's not really something a four year old can help with.  We felt it best to keep Amelia here until the next trip.  She was able to speak with Pastor Eli over the phone last night.  That made her day.  Pastor Eli is much like a superhero in our home.  She adores him and has never even met him.  She has only heard stories of him from her Daddy.  He's a wonderful man who loves Jesus and has committed his life to sharing Jesus with others.  I look forward to the day we are able to go as a family and meet Pastor Eli and his family.  Hopefully next year!

It's 5:30 and the girls are still asleep from their naps.  I had better wake them or they won't be going to bed until late tonight! 

Love to all,

1 comment:

Lauren and Eddie said...

Those biscuits look DELICIOUS.